dis·operation | \ dəs, (¦)dis+\
Definition of disoperation
: any harmful effect other than direct competition of the aggregation or crowding of two or more organisms or kinds of organism in a limited area that is manifested directly (as through accumulation of toxic wastes) or indirectly (as through alteration of the habitat by growth or feeding habits of one or more members of the population)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game