Definition of deny oneself
: to not allow oneself to enjoy things or to have the things one wants On this diet, I don't feel like I'm denying myself. I'm not denying myself the foods that I love, I'm just eating smaller amounts. He's always denied himself the simple pleasures in life.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game