Definition of himself
- he considers himself lucky
- he himself did it
- himself unhappy, he understood the situation
- a gift to his wife and himself
- everyone must fend for himself
- hasn't been himself lately
After a good night's sleep, he felt like himself again.
He's not himself today; something must be bothering him.
before 12th century
: that same man, boy, or male animal:
—used as the object of a verb or preposition to refer to a man, boy, or male animal that has already been mentioned
—used for emphasis to refer again to a man, boy, or male animal that has already been mentioned
What made you want to look up himself? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).
Namesakes Word Quiz