Definition of dedicate
- money dedicated to their vacation fund
- ready to dedicate his life to public service
- dedicate a book to a friend
dedicatorplay \-ˌkā-tər\ noun
Examples of dedicate in a Sentence
The new park was dedicated today.
a young attorney who has decided to dedicate her career to helping the poor receive justice
Recent Examples of dedicate from the Web
The following year, Speaker Nancy Pelosi created dedicated lactation areas in House buildings.
Central Houston imagines a downtown featuring electric vehicle charging stations, dedicated lanes for autonomous buses, and pickup and drop-off zones for ride-sharing vehicles and autonomous taxis.
While this extended warm-up is new, Vonn's used to dedicating a lot of time to training.
That’s prudent, since the disaster accounts dedicated for such emergencies already are oversubscribed from our recent, catastrophic hurricanes.
Florida had success in reining-in fraud by assigning dedicated no-fault fraud investigators and prosecutors to the state's major metro areas.
After the shooting, the team modified its plans and dedicated a quieter evening to the victims, the first responders and the survivors.
But in the editorial space, Vogue Italia is making moves this month, dedicating its latest issue to women over the age of 60, WWD reports.
In 2011, the government dedicated 10% of royalties from mining and oil drilling to a new Fund for Science, Technology, and Innovation.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'dedicate.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
First Known Use of dedicate
Synonym Discussion of dedicate
- devoted his evenings to study
- dedicated her life to medical research
- consecrate a church to the worship of God
- battlegrounds hallowed by the blood of patriots
DEDICATE Defined for English Language Learners
DEDICATE Defined for Kids
Definition of dedicate for Students
- The land was dedicated as a nature preserve.
- She dedicated her life to finding a cure.
- “We at Flint's only soul station, WAMM, dedicate this song to Daniel, from Wilona.”
- —Christopher Paul Curtis, The Watsons
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up dedicate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).