Definition of dedicate
- money dedicated to their vacation fund
- ready to dedicate his life to public service
- dedicate a book to a friend
dedicatorplay \-ˌkā-tər\ noun
Examples of dedicate in a Sentence
The new park was dedicated today.
a young attorney who has decided to dedicate her career to helping the poor receive justice
Recent Examples of dedicate from the Web
In this way, Ishiguro’s collective of labs is dedicated to the engineering of human intimacy.
The church’s Chapel of Our Lady of Grace was dedicated in 2002, and the St. Nicholas Gospel Choir formed six years ago.
The lubricity of Times Square could not have flourished without corrupt (or absent) police, and a great deal of The Deuce is dedicated to showing the many ways in which the NYPD made deals or turned a blind eye to the goings-on.
The event is being organized by the Rotary Club of Oak Lawn Rotary Club, which was the driving force behind the memorial that was dedicated on Sept. 11, 2011.
That's exactly why Seventeen teamed up with Instagram to make October 17th Body Confidence Day, a day dedicated to celebrating our bodies and changing the conversation around body image.
Education Lab is an ongoing journalism initiative dedicated to exploring solutions for improving public education in Washington state.
Much of that increase would be dedicated to defense and health research.
Seger told a Palace of Auburn Hills audience last month that the album is dedicated to Frey, the Eagles co-founder who died in 2016.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'dedicate.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
First Known Use of dedicate
Synonym Discussion of dedicate
- devoted his evenings to study
- dedicated her life to medical research
- consecrate a church to the worship of God
- battlegrounds hallowed by the blood of patriots
DEDICATE Defined for English Language Learners
DEDICATE Defined for Kids
Definition of dedicate for Students
- The land was dedicated as a nature preserve.
- She dedicated her life to finding a cure.
- “We at Flint's only soul station, WAMM, dedicate this song to Daniel, from Wilona.”
- —Christopher Paul Curtis, The Watsons
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up dedicate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).