variants: or less commonly decadeslong
Definition of decades-long
: lasting two or more decades : occurring over a period of two or more decades … no discussion of wolf research would be complete without mention of this fascinating, decades-long study.— Robert R. Ream His decades-long accumulation of books makes an eclectic mix …— Stephen Mihm
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game