variants: or less commonly decadelong
Definition of decade-long
: lasting or occuring over a decade or about a decade A decade-long drought in Saskatchewan and Alberta nesting areas has cut sharply into the number of birds migrating into Idaho …— Dan Knauss The renegade gene that causes Huntington's disease has been found after a decade-long search …— Daniel Q. Haney
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?