\ ¦kəldə¦lamp also ¦ku̇l-, F kᵫ̅dlääⁿp\
plural culs-de-lampe\ " \
Definition of cul-de-lampe
1 : any of various ornaments or parts resembling the conical bottom of ancient lamps (as a pendant from a roof or an isolated corbel supporting an oriel, column, or turret)
2 : tailpiece
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?