Definition of tailpiece
1 : a piece added at the end
2 : a device from which the strings of a stringed instrument are stretched to the pegs — see violin illustration
3 : an ornament placed below the text matter of a page
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?