Definition of counter-style
1 : having, relating to, or being a system of restaurant service in which customers order food at a counter or register … has counter-style ordering, so patrons order at the register and are given a number to display at their seats before the food arrives.— Alisa Hauser
2 : having, relating to, or being a style of restaurant seating in which customers sit at a counter rather than at tables casual counter-style seating
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game