:to bring over from one belief, view, or party to another
- They tried to convert us to their way of thinking.
:to bring about a religious conversion in
- The missionaries converted the native people to Christianity.
:to alter the physical or chemical nature or properties of especially in manufacturing
- converting starch into dextrose
:to change from one form or function to another
- converted the attic into a bedroom
:to alter for more effective utilization
- convert a coal furnace to oil
:to appropriate without right
:to exchange for an equivalent
- convert foreign currency into dollars
:to make a goal after receiving (a pass) from a teammate
:to score on (an attempt, such as a try for point or free throw)
:to make (a spare) in bowling