Definition of coextruded
- The carbonated beverage container is a can within a can; the 7-layer coextruded package consists of a lightweight fluted plastic shell inside a smooth plastic outer container.
- —Predicasts Technology Update, 30 Apr. 1983
- co–extruded plastic cans
coextrudeplay \ˌkō-ik-ˈstrüd\ or co-extrude transitive verb coextruded or co-extruded; coextruding or co-extruding; coextrudes or co-extrudes
- The product, made in Mount Vernon, Ind., is coextruded into two layers—one clear, one colored—to simulate automotive paint.
- —Alexander H. Tullo, Chemical & Engineering News, 20 May 2002
- The company designed the pen to be light, very durable, easy to clean, modular and completely free-standing. Hampel coextrudes a polyethylene sheet, which gives the pen walls the required rigidity.
- —Bill Bregar, Plastics News, 30 Sept. 2013
coextrusionplay \ˌkō-ik-ˈstrü-zhən\ or co-extrusion noun, plural coextrusions or co-extrusions
- Another breakthrough in packaging results from a process called “barrier coextrusion,” in which plastics with different properties are layered into a single sheet.
- —James R. Chiles, Smithsonian, November 1985