Definition of chaste tree
- Chaste tree is drought resistant and hardy in Zones 7 and 8 … it can grow up to 15 to 20 feet high and wide.
- —Chris O’Bryan, Commercial Appeal (Memphis, Tennessee), 29 July 2011
- Vitex goes by the names chaste tree and monk's pepper. Both stem from its long use in Europe, where it is native, as a medicinal herb to lower the libido …
- —Dan Gill, Times-Picayune (New Orleans), 28 May 2011
- … the limited evidence available looks promising for certain dietary interventions and chaste tree herbal supplement.
- —Ravinder Mamtani, Poughkeepsie (New York) Journal, 16 Mar. 2003
- … a “back-to-basics” approach emphasizing the educated use of herbs such as black cohosh, chaste tree berry and red clover tea.
- —Stephanie Irwin, Dayton (Ohio) Daily News, 17 Nov. 2007