variants: or less commonly brenn
Definition of bren
(Entry 1 of 2)
dialectal British variant of burn
variants: or Bren gun
Definition of Bren (Entry 2 of 2)
: a light gas-operated air-cooled machine gun that uses .303 caliber ammunition and is fired from the shoulder
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game