Examples of boisterous in a Sentence
- The crowd was young and boisterous, the cheeseburgers were juicy and perfectly charred, and the place was always packed. —Jonathan Black, Saveur, October 2007
- Things had apparently gotten a little too boisterous during the Northern Ohio Girls Soccer League games. And it wasn't the kids. Fed up with noisy, know-it-all parents, the league banned cheering and jeering from the sidelines for one game, which they dubbed Silent Sunday. —Kate Rounds, Ms., December 1999/January 2000
- Suzanne Massie, boisterous and voluble as we drove through her adopted neighborhood in St. Petersburg, hurtled to a sudden stop. She was laughing uproariously to see the spot, where five years earlier, her rented car had fallen apart … —Christopher Lydon, Atlantic, February 1993
A large and boisterous crowd attended the concert.
the fans at the baseball game became particularly boisterous after the home run
Recent Examples of boisterous from the Web
Postmodern architecture had always gestured toward the antique past, usually in a mode of acerbic or calculatingly boisterous irony, but Kuma’s wild gesticulations in M2 were grotesque and overwhelming.
Once among the Russian president's most prominent antagonists, Alexey Knedlyakovsky and Lusine Djanyan are now scraping out a hand-to-mouth existence while trying to raise their boisterous 2-year-old son, Tigran.
On Monday night, O’Rourke began a two-day San Antonio mini-tour with a boisterous appearance at a South Side VFH hall.
Famous for strong academics and a freewheeling campus life – embodied by its annual, boisterous Renn Fayre celebration, Reed also nurtures a culture of student activism.
Coyne is an outspoken, one-time Democrat who fell for Donald Trump and became one of Trump's most boisterous supporters in Northeast Ohio.
Recommendation: Primavera Pub, Hartford, where the boisterous clientele is part of the welcoming atmosphere and the seafood is especially good.
Kessa said the bank told his office that a $109,340 government check can’t be cashed until Tuesday — two days after the boisterous bacchanal — because of an unspecified processing problem.
Costumes ranged from Darth Vader and My Little Pony attire to skimpy bikinis for a group of boisterous, if less than svelte, middle-aged men.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'boisterous.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
Origin and Etymology of boisterous
First Known Use: 14th centurySee Words from the same year
wild and woolly;
Synonym Discussion of boisterous
- vociferous cries of protest and outrage
- clamorous demands for prison reforms
- blatant rock music
- a blatant clamor for impeachment
- heard the strident cry of the crow
- a boisterous crowd of party goers
- the obstreperous demonstrators were arrested
BOISTEROUS Defined for English Language Learners
BOISTEROUS Defined for Kids
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up boisterous? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).