Examples of boisterous in a Sentence
- The crowd was young and boisterous, the cheeseburgers were juicy and perfectly charred, and the place was always packed. —Jonathan Black, Saveur, October 2007
- Things had apparently gotten a little too boisterous during the Northern Ohio Girls Soccer League games. And it wasn't the kids. Fed up with noisy, know-it-all parents, the league banned cheering and jeering from the sidelines for one game, which they dubbed Silent Sunday. —Kate Rounds, Ms., December 1999/January 2000
- Suzanne Massie, boisterous and voluble as we drove through her adopted neighborhood in St. Petersburg, hurtled to a sudden stop. She was laughing uproariously to see the spot, where five years earlier, her rented car had fallen apart … —Christopher Lydon, Atlantic, February 1993
A large and boisterous crowd attended the concert.
the fans at the baseball game became particularly boisterous after the home run
Recent Examples of boisterous from the Web
The brief excerpts did not show Taylor waving her arms around or acting in a boisterous or threatening manner, as police reports described her actions.
The House voted 56-21 on Thursday for the bill over the boisterous objections of Democrats, who tried several parliamentary maneuvers to derail it.
Four strong Republican candidates jumped into the fray and the boisterous, unruly Democratic field turned into a potential liability.
Playing in front of a boisterous crowd that overwhelmingly favored Puig, a Miami resident, Collins relied on her power and savvy to come back from a set down.
To find this speakeasy, look for the plain door in the back room of the Pastry War, a boisterous mezcal bar that’s worth its own visit.
The boisterous bar has gained a following for its playful theme nights, especially Tiki Tuesday.
Even more signs were waved In Tallahassee where over a dozen speakers, including state representatives, senators, activists and students, shared their desire for change with the boisterous crowd that chanted in agreement.
Beating Cleveland for the third time this season, the Pacers gutted out a 97-95 victory before a boisterous sellout crowd of 17,923 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'boisterous.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
wild and woolly;
Synonym Discussion of boisterous
- vociferous cries of protest and outrage
- clamorous demands for prison reforms
- blatant rock music
- a blatant clamor for impeachment
- heard the strident cry of the crow
- a boisterous crowd of party goers
- the obstreperous demonstrators were arrested
BOISTEROUS Defined for English Language Learners
Definition of boisterous for English Language Learners
: very noisy and active in a lively way
BOISTEROUS Defined for Kids
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up boisterous? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).