Examples of boisterous in a Sentence
- The crowd was young and boisterous, the cheeseburgers were juicy and perfectly charred, and the place was always packed. —Jonathan Black, Saveur, October 2007
- Things had apparently gotten a little too boisterous during the Northern Ohio Girls Soccer League games. And it wasn't the kids. Fed up with noisy, know-it-all parents, the league banned cheering and jeering from the sidelines for one game, which they dubbed Silent Sunday. —Kate Rounds, Ms., December 1999/January 2000
- Suzanne Massie, boisterous and voluble as we drove through her adopted neighborhood in St. Petersburg, hurtled to a sudden stop. She was laughing uproariously to see the spot, where five years earlier, her rented car had fallen apart … —Christopher Lydon, Atlantic, February 1993
A large and boisterous crowd attended the concert.
the fans at the baseball game became particularly boisterous after the home run
Recent Examples of boisterous from the Web
The whole squad saluted the boisterous Peruvian fans after the match, spending several moments near their sections in the stands.
Getty Images On Friday, President Donald Trump gave an informal press conference to a boisterous crowd and one of his flippant remarks about a woman reporter, Weijia Jiang, was caught on camera.
Then again, maybe Eisen — who was born in Boston and is a diehard Red Sox fan — is just more boisterous than others.
Grand Rapids Covenant Christian was in full rally mode Thursday afternoon and clearly had the momentum and its boisterous fans on its side.
Don’t: Pull a My Fair Lady There’s a memorable scene in My Fair Lady when Eliza Doolittle shocks the well-to-do crowd at Ascot with her, erm, boisterous cheering.
As 161 graduates marched into the school’s gym wearing black caps and gowns, they were met with boisterous cheers, applause and whistles from the audience.
Peruvians were highly visible in Moscow on the day of the World Cup opener and are likely to provide a boisterous presence in Saransk, a relatively quiet city of about 300,000.
The Daft Punk aesthetic might be more fashionable with their cool and sophisticated tone, but I’ve always been drawn to the boisterous, super fun and almost zany approach of Basement Jaxx.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'boisterous.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
wild and woolly;
Synonym Discussion of boisterous
- vociferous cries of protest and outrage
- clamorous demands for prison reforms
- blatant rock music
- a blatant clamor for impeachment
- heard the strident cry of the crow
- a boisterous crowd of party goers
- the obstreperous demonstrators were arrested
BOISTEROUS Defined for English Language Learners
Definition of boisterous for English Language Learners
: very noisy and active in a lively way
BOISTEROUS Defined for Kids
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up boisterous? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).