variants: or less commonly bigender
Definition of bi-gender
1 : designed for or involving both genders A bipartisan and bi-gender group of Washington lawmakers has introduced a measure that would require all new federal buildings to be built with equal numbers of toilets in the men's and women's restrooms. — The St. Petersburg (Florida) Times, 27 Mar. 2010
2 : of, relating to, or being a person whose gender identity is a combination of male and female or is sometimes male and sometimes female Some bi-gender people have a separate female persona and male persona, but others can have shades of grey between the two. — Lizzie Parry, MailOnline (United Kingdom), 25 Nov. 2014
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game