Definition of gender-fluid
- There are also people who identify as “gender fluid,” a mix of both genders, and may feel more male on some days and more female on others.
- —Chris Edwards, Adweek, 2 June 2015
- … gender-fluid children who slide along a gender spectrum or weave their own intricate individual patterns along the gender web.
- —Diane Ehrensaft, Gender Born, Gender Made, 2011
- And then I found that gender can have fluidity, which is quite different from ambiguity. If ambiguity is a refusal to fall within a prescribed gender code, then fluidity is the refusal to remain one gender or another. Gender fluidity is the ability to freely and knowingly become one or many of a limitless number of genders, for any length of time, at any rate of change. Gender fluidity recognizes no borders or rules of gender.
- —Kate Bornstein, Gender Outlaw: On Men, Women and the Rest of Us, 1994