Definition of bestrewn
: having a scattered covering of something a path bestrewn with flowers/pebbles a table bestrewn with papers In my day the little hill on which the Washington Monument stands was still bestrewn with large chips of marble left by the builders.— H. L. Mencken I expected it to be a dive, dark and dank and bestrewn.— Ian Frazier(figurative) … is bestrewn with critical jargon and pomposities …— Peter Kemp
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game