Definition of berseem
: a succulent annual clover (Trifolium alexandrinum) cultivated as a forage plant and green-manure crop especially in the alkaline soils of the Nile valley and in the southwestern U.S.
— called also Egyptian clover
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- The Exceptions Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game