Definition of beggarweed
1 : any of various plants (such as knotgrass or dodder) that grow in waste ground
2 : any of several tick trefoils (genus Desmodium) especially : a West Indian forage plant (D. tortuosum) cultivated in the southern U.S.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game