variants: or less commonly antishark
Definition of anti-shark
: serving or intended to repel sharks : providing protection against shark attacks an anti-shark cage The support boat was equipped with a special antishark electromagnetic field that in theory repelled the animals from a twenty-five-foot radius …— William H. Longyard
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game