Definition of antiphase
- The antiphase relationships seen between perturbations in potential temperature and pressure, and quadrature (quarter-wavelength) relationships between potential temperature and vertical velocity perturbations, are both characteristics of solitary waves.
- —Steven E Koch et al., Monthly Weather Review, April 2008
- … says it has been working since 1983 on flat panels to generate antiphase sound, which cancels unwanted noise.
- —Barry Fox, New Scientist, 25 Jan. 1997
- Two of these cylinders are the left and right anterior (apical) lobes of the lungs, driven by the forces on the forelegs. These two cylinders work in antiphase to each other, both at the stride frequency.
- —R. McNeill Alexander, Science, 8 Oct. 1993