variants: or antisnob
plural anti-snobs or antisnobs
Definition of anti-snob
: a person who rejects or opposes the attitude or behavior typical of snobs He's an antisnob who writes about his love of pre-1983 Eric Clapton and Pearl Jam with the same keen ear as he does Chicago blues guitarist Harvey Mandel …— Andrew Gilbert … enjoyed playing the role of the anti-snob. He once said that the most interesting artistic experience in Paris was going to the flea market.— Deborah Solomon
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game