variants: or less commonly antishark
Definition of anti-shark
: serving or intended to repel sharks : providing protection against shark attacks an anti-shark cage The support boat was equipped with a special antishark electromagnetic field that in theory repelled the animals from a twenty-five-foot radius …— William H. Longyard
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game