Definition of anti-evolution
: opposing or rejecting the biological theory of evolution or prohibiting its teaching … a 1968 legal decision, Epperson v. Arkansas, in which the Supreme Court struck down anti-evolution laws like the one under which Scopes was convicted.— Eugenie C. Scott et al.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?