Definition of annihilator
: a person or thing that entirely destroys a place, a group, an enemy, etc. : one that annihilates something or someone This would subsequently interrupt the relationship between man and nature, and change the original role of man upon the Earth from the guardian of nature to the biggest annihilator of nature. — The Cleveland (Tennessee) Daily Banner … refuses to believe that her father could be what criminologists call a "family annihilator"—someone who kills their partners and children before turning their weapon on themselves.— Michael E. Miller
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game