activated sludge processnoun
Definition of activated sludge process
: a sewage treatment procedure in which the decomposition of the raw sewage is hastened by the addition to it of biologically active sewage sludge
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game