Definition of achronological
: not relating to, arranged in, or determined according to the order of time : not chronological As the achronological storytelling gimmick eventually becomes exhausted, the film's once off-beat energy fails to keep up until the very end, leaving viewers unsatisfied with its inauthentic, too-good-to-be-true ending.— Lauren Barbato, University Wire, 23 June 2009
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game