Definition of acclamatory
: expressing strong and enthusiastic praise or approval : showing or expressing acclamation acclamatory statements Spectacular, electrifying, stupendous. Pick any acclamatory adjective you like and it most likely fits the Walnut Street Theatre's production of the hit musical Hairspray.— J. Cooper Robb, Philadelphia Weekly, 26 Nov. 2008
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game