Wa·ter·land·er | \ ˈwȯ|tə(r)ˌlandə(r), ˈwä|, |tə(r)ˌ-\
Definition of Waterlander
: one of a liberal body of Dutch Mennonites separated from the conservative Mennonites after 1555 and later reunited with the liberalized older body
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game