\ üˈbād, -bīd\
variants: or al ʽUbaid \ ¦alə¦b- \
Definition of Ubaid
: of or relating to an early Bronze Age culture in Mesopotamia prior to 3000 b.c.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game