Definition of Treasury Bench
: the first row of seats on the right of the speaker in the British House of Commons and other Commonwealth parliamentary chambers that is occupied by cabinet ministers and other members of the Government — compare front bench
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game