Ra·schig ring | \ ˈräshə̇g-\
Definition of Raschig ring
: a small hollow cylinder having a length about equal to the diameter, made usually of metal, carbon, or ceramic material, and used as packing material for chemical towers
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?