Definition of Laurentian
- Laurentian hills
- Collision doesn't explain the Laurentian rocks, because they show no sign of originating in an area that was being squeezed.
- —Richard Monastersky, Science News, 3 June 1989
- If the northern Piedmont is allochthonous, just as its southern counterpart in South Carolina appears to be … it could be of Laurentian, Gondwanan, or Armorican origin.
- —Rob Van der Voo, Annual Review of Earth, 1982
- Richard Aldington, Lawrence's best biographer and one of his best critics, points out somewhere that the Joycean and Laurentian approaches to art and life are totally opposed.
- —Anthony Burgess, New York Times Book Review, 14 July 1985