Definition of Keene's cement
: a hard-finish gypsum plaster to which alum has been added and which is used chiefly as a gauging plaster in lime mortar for walls (as of hospitals, stores, railroad stations) where an unusually tough and durable plaster is required
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?