Ger·ber convention | \ ˈgərbər-\
Definition of Gerber convention
: a bidding method in contract bridge that is based on the Blackwood convention and that uses a bid of four clubs instead of four no-trump as the asking bid, with responses of four diamonds to show no ace, four hearts one ace, four spades two aces, four no-trump three aces, and five clubs four aces
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?