Er·te·bol·le | \ ˌertəˈbälə, -ˈbələ, -ˈbə̄lə \
Definition of Ertebolle
: of or belonging to an Early Neolithic or Late Mesolithic culture in the Baltic region characterized by large kitchen middens, chipped stone tools, and crude pottery
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game