Definition of Boltzmann equation
: an equation describing the behavior of a fluid in disequilibrium Robert Strain and Philip Gressman at the University of Pennsylvania employed modern mathematical tools to find solutions for the Boltzmann equation, which predicts the motion of gas molecules.— Jacob Aron, New Scientist, 22 May 2010
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game