Ai·zo·on | \ ˌā-ˌī-ˈzō-ˌän\
Definition of Aizoon
: a small genus (the type of the family Aizoaceae) of low-growing evergreen spreading plants found in Africa, Australia, and the Mediterranean region having fleshy entire leaves and containing some species that are cultivated for their yellow flowers or silvery foliage
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game