Ai·zo·a·ce·ae | \ ā-ˌī-zə-ˈwā-sē-ˌē\
Definition of Aizoaceae
: a family of herbs or small shrubs (order Caryophyllales) with solitary or cymose flowers and capsular fruit (as the carpetweed and the fig marigolds)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?