Ab·ney level | \ ˈabnē-\
Definition of Abney level
: a surveying clinometer consisting of a short telescope, bubble tube, and graduated vertical arc used especially for measuring tree heights
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game