Definition of multilevel
: having more than one level: such as
a : having multiple horizontal lines or surfaces at different heights a multilevel building [Chef Bob] Del Grosso taught in what appeared to be an old-fashioned lecture classroom—with … long curved multileveled rows of permanent seating.— Michael Ruhlman
b : having a scale (as of difficulty or achievement) with multiple positions or ranks This multilevel action game is easy enough for even small children to master, although older kids may be challenged by the higher levels.— Bob Strauss — see also multilevel marketing
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game