Definition of multilevel
: having more than one level: such as
a : having multiple horizontal lines or surfaces at different heights a multilevel building [Chef Bob] Del Grosso taught in what appeared to be an old-fashioned lecture classroom—with … long curved multileveled rows of permanent seating.— Michael Ruhlman
b : having a scale (as of difficulty or achievement) with multiple positions or ranks This multilevel action game is easy enough for even small children to master, although older kids may be challenged by the higher levels.— Bob Strauss — see also multilevel marketing
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game