Synonyms & Antonyms of war (against)
See the Dictionary Definition
to oppose (someone) in physical conflict
- continually warring against their neighbors in an effort to expand their territory
Synonyms for war (against)
Words Related to war (against)
Near Antonyms for war (against)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game