present tense third-person singular of throw off
Synonyms & Antonyms of throws off
See the Dictionary Definition
to draw the attention or mind to something else
- the sudden noise just threw me off completely, and I missed my shot
Synonyms for throws off
Words Related to throws off
Near Antonyms for throws off
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game