variants: or focusses
present tense third-person singular of focus
Synonyms of focuses
See the Dictionary Definition
to fix (as one's attention) steadily toward a central objective
- try to focus your attention on the task at hand
Synonyms for focuses
Words Related to focuses
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game