: to bring or direct toward a common center or objective : focus
- concentrate one's efforts
- The lenses concentrate sunlight.
: to gather into one body, mass, or force
- Power was concentrated in a few able hands.
- concentrate the energy of a sound wave
: to accumulate (a toxic substance) in bodily tissues
- Fish concentrate mercury.
: to make less dilute
: to draw toward or meet in a common center
: to focus one's powers, efforts, or attention
- Farmers are concentrating on the wheat harvest.
\ˈkän(t)-sən-ˌtrā-təd-lē, -ˌsen-; ˌkän(t)-sən-ˈtrā-\