present tense third-person singular of sweep (away)
Synonyms & Antonyms of sweeps (away)
See the Dictionary Definition
to destroy all traces of
- some priceless works of literature were swept away when the library at Alexandria burned
Synonyms for sweeps (away)
Words Related to sweeps (away)
Near Antonyms for sweeps (away)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game