Synonyms of strongman
a person who uses power or authority in a cruel, unjust, or harmful way
- a Latin-American strongman who basically treated his nation's coffers as his personal bank account
Synonyms for strongman
Words Related to strongman
Phrases Synonymous with strongman
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game