Synonyms of oppressor
See the Dictionary Definition
a person who uses power or authority in a cruel, unjust, or harmful way
- the dictatorship had scarcely been overthrown when the formerly oppressed suddenly abandoned their democratic ideals and became the oppressors
Synonyms for oppressor
Words Related to oppressor
Phrases Synonymous with oppressor
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Are We Entering 'Uncharted' or 'Unchartered' Waters?
- Complaining About 'Obnoxious'
- 6 Words That Didn’t Always Describe Food
- 'Arrive At' vs. 'Arrive To': A Very Nerdy Analysis
Ask the Editors