past tense of slather
Synonyms & Antonyms of slathered
See the Dictionary Definition
to put a thick layer of a liquid, cream, etc. over (something)
- We ate lobster slathered with butter.
- She slathered her skin with sunscreen.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for slathered
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for slathered
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- A Thanksgiving Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Great Scrabble Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game