past tense of layer
Synonyms & Antonyms of layered
See the Dictionary Definition
to form or arrange parts or pieces of something on top of each other; to form or arrange (something) in layers
- The next step in the recipe is to layer the pasta and the sauce in the pan.
- We layered the fruit with whipped cream and served it with cookies.
Synonyms and Near Synonyms for layered
Antonyms and Near Antonyms for layered
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/15/19
- 'Cliché': We’ve Heard It All Before
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
Ask the Editors
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game