past tense of layer
Synonyms of layered
See the Dictionary Definition
to form or arrange parts or pieces of something on top of each other; to form or arrange (something) in layers
- The next step in the recipe is to layer the pasta and the sauce in the pan.
- We layered the fruit with whipped cream and served it with cookies.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for layered
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for layered
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Words of Snow and Ice Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game